LIBRARY BOOKMARK CONTEST DEADLINE IS FEB. 25TH!
LIBRARY COMMITTEE BOOKMARK CONTEST!
Let the creative juices flow and design your own bookmark using books, stories or poems as your theme.
• How: Use the attached template for your bookmark.
• Winning entries will be selected at the end of March for three groups: Kindergarten & 1st, 2nd & 3rd and 4th & 5th. Winning entries will be made into bookmarks.
Entry Deadline February 25th
MARCH 8th 9-11 am
• What: Join us for a combined Manorhaven and Sousa skating event!
• When: March 8th 9-11am (rink time 9:30-11am) at the PW Skating Center
• Limited space!! - Please download & fill out flyer and return to school by 3/5/19
Please see the spanish version here.
SAVE THE DATE OF APRIL 13th!
Sousa's largest fundraiser is coming to you on
Saturday, April 13th at the Manhasset Bay Yacht Club.
Funds raised at this event make the folllowing possible:
• science night
• playground equipment
• dancing classrooms
• the fifth grade party
• and so much more!
Sousa's Online Store through MySchoolAnywhere is open!
Parents can purchase apparel, Social tickets/raffles, school supplies and pay for HSA Dues using any computer or mobile device! Check it out!
The Remind Sousa HSA Group will allow you to receive instantaneous notifications thru texts or emails about school wide events/ information before they happen- such as Spirit Days and HSA meetings. No pictures will be posted on Remind.
Have you tried the new trend with your kids? Grain bowl! Start with a very easy brown rice recipe, then add your favorite roasted vegetables, leafy green, edamame, shredded carrots, whatever else and a drizzle of sauce. RECIPE HERE
For more info contact:
Thank you to all who volunteered!
Sousa raised over $1500 for HEARTS, the largest of all the schools participating.
To get involved with Cultural Arts for next year, including PORTFEST, please email email@example.com
USED LAPTOP DRIVE
• What: Port Washington's not-for-profit organization COMP 4 KIDS is fixing used laptops and notebooks that they give for free to our guidance counselors so our students in need of a computer can have one.
• They are running out of computers and need your help.
• During the entire month of January, we are collecting used laptops and notebooks (with chargers), any make or model less than 5 years old (No Desktops), so we can continue to help our students in need.
• Please note that COMP 4 KIDS is a 501(c)(3) organization. Your donation is tax-deductible and you will receive a receipt for it.
If anyone would like to be involved in this committee, please contact:
Sima Vasa firstname.lastname@example.org
or Melissa Steeves email@example.com
Click on a file to download.
Girls Scouts, Sands Point Preserve, PYA and more...
Information on the current Board of Ed members, policies, news and updates.
The Port Washington District Website offers many Parent Curriculum Resources such as:
• New 2016 Writing Process presentation by Dr. Wafa Westervelt
• Common Core Math Help
• "Getting to the Core of the Common Core"
• A presentation on the Common Core by Dr. Wafa Westervelt.
PRESENTATION ON COMMON CORE:
Sousa Math Resource teacher Lori Garcia and classroom teachers K. Wengenosky, C. Lucie, and A. Pullicino joined Dr. Meoli in a valuable presentation about how the Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) in Mathematics are changing instruction, practice, and testing. Click here to view a copy of their presentation.
The Port Washington Parents’ Council is the coordinating board of all our schools’ HSAs and PTAs. On behalf of all the children in the district, it seeks to explore and reach consensus on issues and topics of general interest and/or common concern among the five elementary schools, the middle school and the high school.
In practice, this is what the Parents’ Council does:
from NYS on National Immigration Policy