What: We are collecting winter clothing of all sizes and other winter accessories for needy families in our own community.
• Items can be dropped off in the Sousa lobby.
• When: 10/17 - 10/25.
• Sousa needs plenty of volunteers to sort the coats on Thursday 10/24, 9am-12pm - bring an extra friend or two with you to help!
• For more info, please see the flyer in english or in Spanish.
• What: October 23rd is national Unity Day. It is a time for us all to come together district wide with a common goal of being supportive and compassionate.
It is a day where we all wear orange to signify being united against bullying and harassment.
• Unity Day is a time for us to show how we are Sousa Strong - we are kind, compassionate and confident!
• What: Food Day - Oct. 24, 2019 will bring together Port Washington students and Americans from all walks of life to promote healthy, affordable food produced in a sustainable, humane way.
• When: Thursday October 24th
• Students can donate one piece of whole fruit or vegetable to food banks across our area.
• Please send your child into school with one piece of whole fresh fruit or vegetable. It will be collected from them in the lobby when they enter school in the morning.
In 24 hours, we will have shared thousands of pieces of fresh produce with food banks across our area.
Thank you to everyone for your support and generosity towards our fall fundraiser! While final numbers are still not in, we do know that the Boosterthon FunRun program has had record-breaking profits of more than $22,000!
The money raised goes towards fully funding or helping to pay for programs, events, and enhancements like Science Night, Literacy Night, dance and taekwondo residencies, K-2 meditation program, Submerge Storytelling, Dancing Classrooms, STEAM Night, the Sousa Garden, New Parent Breakfast, Fifth Grade Party, cultural arts assemblies and more!
1st - Recess
4th - Boosterthon Fun Run
4th - Spirit Day
9th - Recess
14th - Recess
17th - Picture Day
23rd - Unity Day
23rd - Conversations with Dr Meoli 7pm
23rd - HSA Meeting 7:30pm
24th - Food Day
31st - Halloween Parade 9:15am
5th - Recess
6th - Moms' Night Out
11th - Recess
14th - Dads' Night Out
22nd - 1/2 Day Recess
26th - 1/2 Day Recess
27th - 1/2 Day Recess
28th & 29th - Recess
Sousa's Online Directory & Store through My Membership Toolkit is open!
Parents can purchase apparel, Social tickets/raffles, school supplies and pay for HSA Dues using any computer or mobile device! Check it out!
The Remind Sousa HSA Group will allow you to receive instantaneous notifications thru texts or emails about school wide events/ information before they happen- such as Spirit Days and HSA meetings. No pictures will be posted on Remind.
Click on a file to download.
For School District Medical Forms, CLICK HERE
Girls Scouts, Sands Point Preserve, PYA and more...
Information on the current Board of Ed members, policies, news and updates.
The Port Washington District Website offers many Parent Curriculum Resources such as:
• New 2016 Writing Process presentation by Dr. Wafa Westervelt
• Common Core Math Help
• "Getting to the Core of the Common Core"
• A presentation on the Common Core by Dr. Wafa Westervelt.
PRESENTATION ON COMMON CORE:
Sousa Math Resource teacher Lori Garcia and classroom teachers K. Wengenosky, C. Lucie, and A. Pullicino joined Dr. Meoli in a valuable presentation about how the Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) in Mathematics are changing instruction, practice, and testing. Click here to view a copy of their presentation.
The Port Washington Parents’ Council is the coordinating board of all our schools’ HSAs and PTAs. On behalf of all the children in the district, it seeks to explore and reach consensus on issues and topics of general interest and/or common concern among the five elementary schools, the middle school and the high school.
In practice, this is what the Parents’ Council does: