APPLICATIONS DUE NOV. 19th
1. Sponsor a Family: . You can sponsor a family by yourself, in a self-selected group (with friends, neighbors) or ask the Parents' Council to put you in a group. Once you are signed up, you will be contacted with details. Click here to sign up.
2. Donate Gift Cards in $25 denominations. Click here for details, including how to purchase cards directly online. Deadline is DECEMBER 12th.
DECEMBER 8 @ ENTREE
Pick out that perfect holiday party outfit or gift for a loved one, all while supporting the Sousa HSA.
On December 8, stop by Entree on Main Street for some shopping and refreshments. Entree has agreed to donate 10% of sales made during our shopping event to the Sousa HSA.
• When: Sunday, December 8, anytime between noon and 4pm
• Where: Entree, 11 Main Street, Port Washington
Calling all students grades 2-5!
• This is not a contest and there are no prizes. Everyone can participate, as long as your "talent" meets the guidelines. The objective is to generate spirit and promote friendship and teamwork.
• Submit your audition form by December 2nd.
22nd - 1/2 Day Recess
26th - 1/2 Day Recess
27th - 1/2 Day Recess
28th & 29th - Recess
4th - Dancing Classrooms Performance 6:30pm
13th - Conversations with Dr. Meoli 9am
13th - HSA Meeting 9:30am
6th - Spirit Day
11th - Winter Concert 9:30am
23rd - Jan 3rd - Recess
Sousa's Online Directory & Store through My Membership Toolkit is open!
Parents can purchase apparel, Social tickets/raffles, school supplies and pay for HSA Dues using any computer or mobile device! Check it out!
The Remind Sousa HSA Group will allow you to receive instantaneous notifications thru texts or emails about school wide events/ information before they happen- such as Spirit Days and HSA meetings. No pictures will be posted on Remind.
Click on a file to download.
For School District Medical Forms, CLICK HERE
Girls Scouts, Sands Point Preserve, PYA and more...
Information on the current Board of Ed members, policies, news and updates.
The Port Washington District Website offers many Parent Curriculum Resources such as:
• New 2016 Writing Process presentation by Dr. Wafa Westervelt
• Common Core Math Help
• "Getting to the Core of the Common Core"
• A presentation on the Common Core by Dr. Wafa Westervelt.
PRESENTATION ON COMMON CORE:
Sousa Math Resource teacher Lori Garcia and classroom teachers K. Wengenosky, C. Lucie, and A. Pullicino joined Dr. Meoli in a valuable presentation about how the Common Core Learning Standards (CCLS) in Mathematics are changing instruction, practice, and testing. Click here to view a copy of their presentation.
The Port Washington Parents’ Council is the coordinating board of all our schools’ HSAs and PTAs. On behalf of all the children in the district, it seeks to explore and reach consensus on issues and topics of general interest and/or common concern among the five elementary schools, the middle school and the high school.
In practice, this is what the Parents’ Council does: